Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Breaking the Chain of Transmission
What are Lateral Flow Tests?
Covid-19 rapid antigen testing kits provide results in as little as 15 minutes without the need for lab testing.
This new kind of technology can be used to test a high proportion of asymptomatic people quickly. When partnered with relevant government guidance the correct PPE & hygiene products will be a great tool for breaking the chain of transmission by isolating asymptomatic people.
How Do They Work
A lateral flow device detects the presence or absence of coronavirus by applying a swab sample to the device’s absorbent pad. The sample runs along the surface of the pad, showing at the end a visual positive or negative result dependent on the presence of the virus.
Why Use Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
- Results in as little as 15 Mins
- 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and can therefore spread without knowing
- All necessary reagents provided & no equipment needed
- High sensitivity and specificity
Healgen Rapid Covid Test Kit (Pack of 20):
For bespoke pricing, other options available, or any of our other services contact our team.
Data sheets available upon request.
Clinical Evaluation of Healgen Rapid Covid Test Kits:
- Positive Percent Agreement (PPA): 97.3%
- Negative Percent Agreement (NPA): 99.6%
- Overall Percent Agreement (OPA): 98.9%
- Specimen: Nasopharyngeal (NP) Swab
- Time to Results: 15 minutes
- Shelf Life: usually 24 months from the date of manufacture
Who can use these tests?
- This test is intended for use by clinical professionals (e.g. Doctor/Practice Nurse/Employer Occupational Health depts etc).
- An application for exceptional use of a COVID-19 rapid test, to be used by members of the public for home use, was approved on the 23rd December 2020 by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), click here for details.
What will the test tell me?
- If you get a positive result, it’s likely that you were infectious at the time the test was taken.
- The antigen test cannot detect very low levels of coronavirus in a sample, so if you’ve only recently been infected, are in the incubation period, or if you have mostly recovered, the test may not give a positive result.
What to do if I test positive?
If your test is positive you must self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your test, along with all those you live with.
If my rapid results test positive, do I still need to have another confirmation test through the NHS?
No, as of 27th January 2021 Public health England temporarily suspended the need for routine confirmatory tests for people who’ve received positive lateral flow/rapid test – This is not a long term arrangement so please do check be mindful this can change.
How do I prepare for my test?
- Wait at least 30 minutes after you last ate or drank anything before starting the test.
- Don’t start it if you’ve had a nosebleed in the past 24 hours.
- If you have a nose piercing, swab the other nostril or remove the piercing and swab if you have a piercing on both sides.
- If you can’t take a throat swab (e.g. if you’ve had a tracheostomy) swab both nostrils instead.
- Wear a face covering before and after your test.